Are you thinking of choosing The Bolsover School for your child? Here at The Bolsover School, we understand that deciding where to further your child’s education is a big decision for parents and carers. If you are considering sending your child to The Bolsover School and would like to visit us to see the school 'in action', please contact the PA to the Headteacher on 01246 822105 ext. 7150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a tour with one a member of our Senior Leadership Team. If you are unable to attend an in-person tour, then please check out our virtual tour to see what The Bolsover School has to offer and explore our website!
In Year Admissions
The Bolsover School co-ordinates all in-year admission applications. Applications for Year 7 are co-ordinated by the Local Authority until 31 August each year, thereafter, applications should be made directly to The Bolsover School.
If you are looking to apply for a place for your child at The Bolsover School please complete our online in-year admission application form (found at the bottom of this page).
Parents/Carers will be notified of the decision within no more than 15 school days. If a place is unavailable, the application will be added to our waiting list for the year group applied for. Allocation of places from the waiting list will be made in accordance with the school's over-subscription criteria (see the school's Admissions Policy).
If you would like to arrange a visit to The Bolsover School or require more information about the in-year application process please contact the PA to the Headteacher Tel 01246 822105 ext 7150 or email email@example.com.
If an application for an in-year place has been refused parents/carers have the right to appeal this decision. Appeals must be submitted within 20 school days of receipt of the decision letter. Appeals should be submitted in writing/email to the PA to the Headteacher or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Year 7 Intake September 2024
Applications for Year 7 places for September 2024 should be made to the Admissions & Transport Team at Derbyshire County Council https://www.derbyshire.gov.uk
The application window opens on 11 September 2023 until the deadline of midnight on 31 October 2023.
The Bolsover School will be holding a Year 6 Open Evening on Wednesday 13 September 2023 starting at 5:30pm.
Admissions Application Timeline - September 2023
- Week commencing 4 September 2023 – information on application process distributed to all Year 6 children.
- Monday 11 September 2023 – online and telephone application facilities open.
- Midnight 31 October 2023 – closing date for submission of applications
- Wednesday 1 March 2024 – National Offer Day. Decision available online and letters posted second class where appropriate.
- Thursday 28 March 2024 - Deadline for admission appeal requests. Appeals should be made in writing to The Headteacher's PA, The Bolsover School, Mooracre Lane, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire S44 6XA or by email to email@example.com
- Admission appeal hearings - Wednesday 8th May2024.
Please see below copies of our Admissions Policy for the academic year, 2023/2024 and 2024/2025, which include our Oversubscription Criteria. The policies can also be found within our Documents and Policies Page