Are you thinking of choosing The Bolsover School for your child? Here at The Bolsover School, we understand that deciding where to further your child’s education is a big decision for parents and carers. If you are considering sending your child to The Bolsover School and would like to visit us to see the school 'in action', please contact Mrs Whittaker on 01246 822105 ext. 7150 or email D.Whittaker@thebolsoverschool.org.uk to organise a tour with one a member of our Senior Leadership Team. If you are unable to attend an in-person tour, then please check out our virtual tour to see what The Bolsover School has to offer and explore our website!
Details of our admissions policy, how to register your child at The Bolsover School
In Year Admissions - Academic Year 2021/2022 (Current Year 8 to 11)
The Bolsover School co-ordinates all in-year admission applications; i.e. Years 8 to 11. Applications for Year 7 are co-ordinated by the Local Authority until 31 December each year. Enquiries for Year 7 places should be made to the Admissions & Transport Team at Derbyshire County Council Tel: 01629 533190 from 8am to 6pm on Monday to Friday and from 9:30am to 4pm on Saturdays.
If you are looking to apply for a place in Years 8 to 11 at The Bolsover School please complete our online in-year admission application form (found at the bottom of this page).
Parents/Carers will be notified of the decision within 10 school days and no later than 15 school days.
If you would like to arrange a visit to The Bolsover School or require more information about the in-year application process please contact Mrs Whittaker, PA to the Headteacher Tel 01246 822105 ext 7150 or email D.Whittaker@thebolsoverschool.org.uk.
If an application for an in-year place has been refused parents/carers have the right to appeal this decision. Appeals must be submitted within 20 school days of receipt of the decision letter. Appeals should be submitted in writing to Mrs Whittaker, PA to the Headteacher or by email to: D.Whittaker@thebolsoverschool.org.uk.
Year 7 Intake September 2022
Applications for Year 7 places for September 2022 should be made to the Admissions & Transport Team at Derbyshire County Council Tel: 01629 533190 from 8am to 6pm on Monday to Friday and from 9:30am to 4pm on Saturdays.
Admissions Application Timeline - September 2022
- Week commencing 6 September 2021 – information on application process distributed to all Year 6 children.
- Monday 13 September 2021 – online and telephone application facilities open.
- Midnight 31 October 2021 – closing date for submission of applications
- Tuesday 1 March 2022 – National Offer day. Decision available online and letters posted second class where appropriate.
- Tuesday 29 March 2022 - Deadline for admission appeals. Appeals should be made in writing to Mrs Whittaker, The Bolsover School, Mooracre Lane, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire S44 6XA or by email to email@example.com
- Wednesday 18 May 2022 - Appeal hearing date
- 2nd round of appeals Tuesday 28 June 2022
- 31 December 2022 – waiting lists ceases to be maintained by the Admissions and Transport Team
Please see below copies of our Admissions Policy for the academic year 2021/2022, 2022/2023, 2023/2024 which include our Oversubscription Criteria. The policies can also be found within our Documents and Policies Page